Tuesday, 12 May 2020
Ranger Alcohol Lift-Ink Butterfly Card Topper
I continued with playing with alcohol inks in a way this afternoon. While I was filing away the backgrounds I had made earlier, I came across a scrap of a previous alcohol ink project, so decided to have a play.
I found an old rubber stamp that I've had for about fifteen + years and decided it was a nice image to play with. I inked the stamp up with Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift Ink and stamped onto the scrap of background I found.
I then removed the background, replacing it with a piece of white card then without re-inking the stamp, stamped again onto the card. The ink that the stamp had lifted from the background had clung to the stamp and then transferred to the white card, providing a pretty image.
Here's a photo of the scrap of background, after I had buffed the image where I had stamped to remove any remaining "Lift ink". It didn't leave an awfully clear stamp impression, but you never know, it could well appear in a future creation... I loath to throw any crafty scraps out!