52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge
To start getting us in the mood for making tags in 2024, I thought I would initially provide you with a prompt on the 1st of the month, between now and the start of the challenge in 2024, so just one tag a month for the time being.
You can use any size of tag for this challenge. The tags that I use meaure 8cm across and have a length of 16cm. They can be purchased from Craft Obsessions for £5.75 for a pack of 50 tags. Alternatively use any tags you may already have or perhaps cut and make your own tag bases. The choice is yours.
The prompt for the August 2023 Tag Taster is "Circles".
I hope you enjoy this taster. I hope you enjoy the challenge. I'd love to see what you make. You can share your tag within the "Crafting Niche - 52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge" group over on Facebook, here is the link.
This is how I made my tag using the August 2023 prompt of circles.
In an attempt to stash bust - using up things floating around the craft room, I found a piece of patterned paper with a circular design on it. I cut it down to size and stuck the patterned paper on to my tag base using double sided sticky tape.
I used Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink to stamp the Visible Image flower from their "Creative Chaos" stamp set. I then stamped the flower head only on an off cut of cerise coloured card. I fussy cut the flower head and set aside till later.
Next, using the Versafine Clair "Blue Belle" ink, I stamped the collection of mixed circles twice across the tag, going over the upper part of the flower head too. The circles are part of the Visible Image stamp set called "Butterfly Effect". I used a Derwent Inktense Pencil (called Denim), to paint the colour within the circles, chosing to cover some in a lighter and some in a darker shade of blue. At this stage and while the ink was out, I inked up the outer edges of the tag too.
Once the surface of the tag was dry, I then stuck the cerise flower head over the top of the one on the tag, I used a wet glue for this so that I could slide it into position with ease.
Finally, I added some extra black dots using Ranger "Enamel Accents". I then added a trail of pink dots using some Liquid Pearls called "Dazzle.
Once everthing was fully dry, I then mounted the tag on to a piece of blue card. This is because I like the finished look the tag has. It also provides a bit more strength to the tag.