The heavens have opened and it is bucketing it down this morning, so I decided to make a bright card.
For the very base of this card, I spritzed two shades of Distress Inks (Old Paper and Weathered Wood) on my glass mat and then dragged the piece of white card through the inks. I ran my heat gun over the surface to dry it before moving on to the next stage.
I secured the Visible Image "Distressed Brick Stencil" with low tack tape over the inky background card. I then applied three shades of Ranger "Archival Inks", through the stencil with a blending brush, using "Prickly Pear", "Fern Green" and "Monarch Orange" colours.
Lifting the stencil, I then positioned the Visible Image "Honeycomb Hex" stencil and applied some "Monarch Orange" and "Shadow Grey" Ranger Archival Inks, just to give a hint of a pattern.
I then moved on to the stamping, using Versafine Clair "Shady Lane" green in, I stamped the "Smile" sentiment and the stems for the flowers, using the Visible Image "Daisy Grunge" stamp set. I then stamped the flower heads using Versafine Clair "Summertime" orange ink.
To colour the flower heads, I used the following Derwent Inktense pencils :Tangerine, Scarlet Pink, Persian Red and Lemon shades applied straight to the card wit the pencil. Finally, I added some touches of white gel pen and dots of white Ranger "Enamel Accents".