I had an urge to play with some Lavinia Stamps, so with no agenda I made this card using two of the fewer used Lavinia Stamps I have.
I started by creating the base using two shades of Distress Oxide Inks - Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade covering the surface. Using a wet fan brush from approximately 10" above the surface I gently tapped the brush to create splatters. I left them on the surface for about a minute then blotted with a piece of kitchen roll. This created the bleached droplet effect.
Using the Lavinia Stamps "Honeysuckle" stamp, I multi stamped the image over the prepared background, using a Wow! Clear Embossing Pad. I then covered the stamped images with Papermania "Enchanted Gold" embossing Powder and heat set. This resulted in a very subtle stamped image with a little bit of glitter which adds a lovely quiet sparkle to the background.
On a separate piece of card, I prepared a background using three shades of Distress Oxide Inks: Picked Rasberry, Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey. I stamped the Lavinia Stamps "Indra" moth/butterfly in Versafine Clair "Charming Pink" ink on this new background. I then coated the stamped image with clear embossing powder and heat set.
I then cut the image using the Brother Scan n Cut SDX1200. The machine scuffed a little section of the image, I think it was user error as the inked background may not have been totally dry, but I was able to rescue the situation buy cutting off the fine antenna.
To rectify the problem. I stamped the "Indra" image over the heat embossed honeysuckle and adhered the cut image on the top.
I have deliberately left this card sentiment free, so that I can use it for a suitable occasion at a later date.
stunning combination of colours stamping and that wonderful butterflyReplyDelete
Thank you Meg. I've had both stamps for a long time, but they rarely see the light of day, so thought I'd challenge myself xDelete