52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 20 February 2019

A recovery project (when crafting goes wrong) #Laviniastamps

I have been a paper crafter for many years and sometimes things go wrong.  Usually due to my carelessness.  This is one of those projects that went wrong and was then recovered.

It started a couple of days ago, when I was making a batch of alcohol ink backgrounds on Yupo paper.  Having made a very special background (using Mermaid and Citrus shades), I foolishly stamped the seahorse in the wrong ink.  I don't mean the wrong shade, I mean the wrong type of ink.  I used a Versafine Clair ink instead of a StazOn.  

The difference between the two is that StazOn is quick drying and works well on non-porous surface (Yupo is like a plastic coated paper).  Where as the Versafine Clain needs something to grip to.  The result of this error was that in 24 hours time, the ink was still very wet.  I decided to wipe it off and see if I could salvage the beautiful background - and it worked!

The wet wipe did remove some of the alcohol ink background, but at least I was able to use it.

I started by stamping the Lavinia Stamps "Seahorse" in a StazOn ink in a "Teal Blue" shade.  I then stamped the "Skeleton Tree" in StazOn "Midnight Blue" shade of ink to replicate seaweed.  I used the Lavinia "Seaweed" stamped in StazOn "Forest Green" shade of ink.

Finally, I added highlights of silver glitter using a Signo Pen and added sequins and sticky gems to replicate air bubbles in the water.


  1. well rescued Samantha, you wouldn't know anything went wrong.

    1. Thank you. I was determined to use the background as I'd taken a while to get it how I wanted it to look. Sam x