Eileen Godwin set a challenge today (12th April 2023) to use glitter. This is the card that I have made.
Starting with a plain piece of white card, I stamped the central butterfly, using the Visible Image "Butterfly Effect" stamp set, stamped in Versafine Clair "Medieval Blue" ink. I then coated it in Wow! Clear embossing powder and heat set.
I stamped the butterfly again on a piece of copy paper, then fussy cut the shape to use as a mask while I created the background. I used a small amount of repo glue to position the mask over the top of the card.
Using blending brushes, I applied two shades of Archival Inks: Vivid Chartreuse and Violet around the background.
I then used Cactus Flower and Vivid Chartreuse Archival inks through the Visible Image "Strobes" and "Supernova" stencils.
I then lay the Visible Image "Breakout" stencil in a couple of positions and applied "Wow! embossing ink" with a finger dabber through the stencil, then coated in Wow! Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
I lay the Visible Image "Butterfly Ink" stencil over the butterfly and applied Versafine Clair "Medieval Blue" ink through the stencil to creats the dark splatters. I used the same ink to stamp the "Butterfly" sentiment which is also part of the "Butterfly Effect" stamp set.
Using Versafine Clair "Morning Mist" I stamped some rings on the left hand side of the butterfly and some random circular images on the top right, which are both part of the "Butterfly Effect" stamp set.
I used a white acrylic paint with a fan shaped paint brush to add fine white splatters, from the bottom left to the top right hand corner.
I then removed the paper mask from the butterfly, it looks so pretty with all the colours. If it didn't blend in so well with the background, I would have kept it in position!
I now turned my attention to decorating the butterfly itself. I used Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent paints in a blue and purple shade. I then used "Lavender" coloured stickles for the four main sections of the wings, adding small dots of silver glitter signo pen to the dots at the ends of the wings.
In the background, I added dots of Ranger Glossy Accents and also some dots of White Enamel Accents.
Once everything was dry, I inked the edges of the card using Versafine Clair "Medieval Blue" ink, then layered it on to dark and then white card. Finally adding some very small sequins to the top left and bottom right hand corners.