Well here we are on the 1st October. I have no idea where these months are disappearing to. As it's the first of the month, it means it is time for another prompt for the 52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge.
The Prompt for October is: Vintage/shabby
Just a reminder, if you would like to take part in the challenge, check out the Facebook Group, where lots of lovely people are already sharing their tags and cards. Here's the link to the group.
Here's how I made my tag:
I started by using a Stamping Up Scalloped Edge punch to create the decorative bottom of the tag. I then coated the decorative edge with Versafine Clair "Glamorous" ink.
I found a scrap of patterned paper that I thought had a vintage vibe. I used double sided sticky tape to stick it to the tag and cut it to size. I then inked the edges of the tag with Versafine Clair "Glamorous" ink. Once dry, I went over the edges with a metallic gold pen, colouring the ring re-inforcer with the same colour too.
I used Versafine Clair "Warm Breeze" ink to stamp the Lavinia Stamps "Sacred Spells' text across the surface of the tag.
I then decided to distress the patterned paper a little more, by using Versafine Clair "Glamorous" ink through the Clarity Stamps "Stripes Stencil". This look reminded me of 80's style wallpaper!
I used metallic gold paint and a fan paint brush to splatter the paint from the bottom left corner to the top right hand corner.
Once the paint was dry, using double sided sticky tape, I added a small piece of cream coloured braid along the join of the patterned paper and the tag. I then added gold dots to the middle of the scallops at the bottom.
At this stage, I mounted the tag on to a background of cream coloured card, as I knew it would be more tricky once the flowers were in place.
I die cut some leaves using two die sets (Sizzix "661206 Golden Greens" and Stamping Up "Botanical Blooms") using two shades of green cardstock. I used a wet glue to stick them to the tag, as it allowed me a little movement into the correct position.
In my stash, I found some paper roses. They were a bit too pink, so I toned them down by painting "Crimson" Derwent Inktense on to areas of the flowers. I curled the metal stems around a pencil then stuck the flowers to the tag, using Ranger "Glossy Accents" to keep them in place.
Finally, I found a couple of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Clipping Stickers with words I felt that suited the tag: "to keep" and "in my heart" and stuck them on to the tag. I added a few small gold metal discs to the surface too.