I wasn't exactly stalking postie, but I was keeping a little eye out for him this morning, having received an email to say that my order of the new Lavinia Stamps collection would be arriving today.
I wasn't disappointed either. They arrived, I repackaged them, logged them on my spreadsheet and then got to play with some of them to make this card.
I made this card totally from scratch, so often these days I go to my folder of backgrounds I have already made, so all I need to do is create the image, but today I did the whole lot of gel printing and then stamping - inbetween coughing and spluttering, the cold is still with me unfortunately, but crafting is a good distraction.
To create the background, I pulled out a selection of Lavinia Elements Inks and put them directly on to the gel plate. These are the colours I used: Greensleeves, Olive, Bermuda, Della Blue, Violet Chalk and Dark Denim. I then spritzed the gel plate with water and placed the blank card on to the gel plate, leaving for a few seconds and smoothing the surface to ensure that the surface was covered. I lifted the card and set aside to dry while I tidied the desk.
I stamped the new Lavinia Stamps "Pumpkin Lodge on to the dry gel print and then on to an off-cut of white card using Versafine Clair "Acorn" brown ink.
I stamped the new Lavinia Stamps "Fairy Crook" in Versafine Clair "Twilight" dark blue ink. I then stamped two of the new "Ickle Pumpkins" in Versafine Clair "Twilight" ink and then stamped them again on a white piece of card using Versafine Clair "Acorn" brown ink.
I coloured the three pumpkins on the white card using a selection of Derwent Inktense Pencils, then fussy cut them and stuck them over the stamped images on the gel print background.
Using Versafine Clair "Acorn" brown ink, I stamped the Lavinia "Path". Then the "Pixy Houses" in the distance using Versafine Clair "Twilight" ink.
I used Versafine Clair "Falling Leaves" brown ink to stampe the"Wild Berries" to look like they were climbing up the "Fairy Crook". I used red and orange Posca pens to colour the berries.
Using Versafine Clair "Shady Lane" green ink, I stamped the "Small Branch" in first and second generation stamping, then used one of the "Foliage Set" and the same ink.
I used Posca Pens, Gel Pens and Pastel Pencils to add extra detail to the scene.