Today, I've been playing with my Funky Fossil goodies to create this card.
To start, I put three shades of Element's Inks on to my glass mat, I used Sundance, Confetti and Mulberry. I then spritzed the ink and lay a piece of card over the ink. I picked the card up and moved the diluted ink around on the card, till I was happy with the colour coverage. I used my heat gun to fully dry the inked card.
Once dry, I rubbed an anti-static bag over the surface of the card and lay the Funky Fossil "Geometric Circles Stencil" over the top, securing with a bit of low tack tape. Using a finger dabber and Wow! Clear embossing ink pad, I coated the gaps in the stencil. Removing the stencil, I then coated the inked image with Wow! "White Puff Twinkle" embossing powder and heat set.
Next I positioned the Funky Fossil "Honeycomb Background Stencil" and used "Orange Blossom" Archival ink around the heat embossed area.
I then positioned another Funky Fossil stencil, called "Hex Dots" and applied "Vibrant Fuchsia" Archival Ink through the stencil to create a dotty design.
I inked the edges of the card with Versafine Clair "Charming Pink" ink.
In the middle of the heat embossed flower, I have used two shades of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic chalk paint (Cerise and Candy Floss) applied with a dotting tool. Once the middle was dry, I used white Ranger Enamel dots to creats the centre of the flower.
While everything was drying, I turned my attention to the bee, which is part of the Funky Fossil "Queen Bee" stamp set. I stamped the bee in Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink, then quickly coated it with Wow! Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
I coloured the Bee with a mixture of Posca Pens and Derwent Intense Water colour Pencils and then fussy cut it. To elevate the Bee from the card, I cut a slim strip of card and adhered it to the underside of the bee.
Using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment which is part of the Funky Fossil "Happy Words" stamp set. I layered the card on to a card base and then glued the Bee into position over the flower.