I tend to make cards in a very similar style, so this afternoon I decided to stretch myself.
My creative session started off with preparing Panpastel backgrounds. I like to make a few at a time as I get a bit messy doing them.
Flicking through my stamp folder I came across a couple of stamps that I've not used for ages, so decided to put them to use. I first stamped the bird/egg image and then used the remaining ink on the stamp to repeat the image on a scrap piece of paper. I used repo Herma to position it over the stamped image (creating a type of mask). I was then able to stamp the script image without going on the bird/egg area. I then removed the mask to reveal the finished stamped area.
I then embossed a sheet of grey cardstock. I routed through some of my dies and embellishments and positioned them in a pleasing arrangement before sticking anything down.