Sometimes things happen in life which make you adjust your course of action. The same things apply to my crafting. This is a "rescue project".
I had just finished my stamping of the card and was putting the ink pad away, when it slipped from my hand landing ink pad down on the card I had nearly completed! Obviously there were a few "choice words" as I mopped up the inky mess on my desk ,where the pad had bounced across my desk, finally resting on my card!
I decided to cut off the main inky section and add a little extra foliage stamping to cover the remaining inky area. In the end it worked out ok, but not what was in my head originally.
Incidentally, this is the process of making the card before the mishap:
I used "Bundled Sage" then "Mowed Lawn" and finally "Rustic Wilderness" Distress Oxide inks through the Lavinia Stamps "Laurel" stencil for the background.
Using Versafine Clair "Shady Lane" green ink, I stamped the Lavinia "Wild Vines" in first and second generation stamping to provide depth.
I then stamped Lavinia "Tree Goddess Luna" in Versafine Clair 'Nocturne" black ink. Using the same ink, I added more stamping of the "Wild Vines". I lightly inked the edges of the card.
I added touches of sparkle using a silver Signo glitter pen and a subtle shimmer using a Sakura gelly roll pen.
What a shame Sam I would have been really upset too,love the background colours and stamping on the finished card,beautifully rescuedReplyDelete
Thank you so much xDelete