Lavinia Stamps will appear on Hochand TV on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at 11am and 3pm. This is a Design Team sample I have made for the show.
This is a very different type of sample to the ones I have previously created as this is a canvas measuring 10"x12".
The papers I have used are all recycled with the exception of the tag that I have stamped on. I have tea stained the majority of the papers for various lengths of time which has created different tones of the same colour.
To start with, I rescued some of that brown packing paper that comes in the Amazon boxes. I scrunched the paper up tight and then flattened it a little and ran an ink pad over the surface. I then ironed the paper so that it was flat enough to stamp on. (I used an old tea towel either side of the paper).
Once flat, I stamped the script which is a Lavinia Stamp called "Sacred Spells". I scrunched up the paper again, flattened slightly it and dragged a Versafine ink called "Vintage Sepio" across the rippled surface. I then put PVA glue onto the canvas and the sides and adhered the paper to the canvas and left to dry.
Now the paper is dry I dragged a Colorbox Cats Eye ink pad across the textured surface to add some colour to the background.
I used the largest tea stained paper first stamping the "Single Skeleton Tree" in a Versafine "Vintage Sepia" ink. I dragged a pink/red ink pad down the piece from top to bottom to create a streaked look. Using the same colour I inked the edges of the paper doilies/coaster.
On an old page torn from a spiral bound pad and tea stained, I stamped the words using the Lavinia "Zen Angelic Words" stamp.
To make the tag, I used a background of Distress Oxide Inks. I masked off the moon and created a darker rim and coated the inner area with a Memento Luxe "Wedding Dress" ink. I stamped "Josie" the fairy in a Versafine Clair "Chianti" shade of ink. I then used Distress Inks in shades of brown to create the ground-scape she stands on.
Finally, I assembled and glued all the different elements. Using some metallic sequins, metal leaves and the flowers sprayed with Distress Oxide Spray to create the finished canvas